- Phone: (319) 266-1264
- Mailing Address: 4807 University Ave, Suite 202
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
The Clearinghouse is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Call 319.266.1264.
At the Clearinghouse, our volunteers:
1. Receive phone calls. Volunteers answer requests for help from clients.
2. Assess the need. Volunteers or staff conduct an intake to examine the nature, extent, and legitimacy of the client's need.
3. Provide help. After the client's need is analyzed and verified, the need is referred to the most appropriate Love INC partner church, church volunteer, agency, and/or faith-based organization to provide resources, programs, or services that address the need(s).
4. Follow up. Clearinghouse volunteers follow up with the client and the volunteer or ministry that provided the assistance. We also offer visits from a pastor or church volunteer.
Love INC does not distribute cash, but we can connect people with the following services at our Clearinghouse:
Baby Essentials: baby needs for newborns to 24 months
Bus Passes and Gas Cards: Primarily reserved for employment opportunities, doctor/hospital appointments or social service appointments
Finances: Provided to those who have a financial need that is at or around $200. If approved, Love INC partner churches can help with $100 toward that financial need once per year.
Food Boxes/Essentials: supplemental food which helps households to stretch their food budgets from month-to-month. Can also include essentials such as shampoo, deodorant, soap, toilet paper, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, etc.
Furniture/Appliances: household furniture and appliances
Home Repair: minor home repair that does not require city permits or a licensed contractor
In-Home Support: light housekeeping and organizing
Kitchen Essentials: pot, pan, dishes, silverware, etc.
Moving Assistance: requires 3-4 weeks notice
Shoes: shoes required for a job
Transportation: for verified local medical appointments or social service appointments