We have a part-time position open at Love INC of the Cedar Valley! This is a 3 hour/week opportunity perfect for a Christ-centered team player, who is motivated to create fun and engaging environments for a diverse group of children, energized by people, and compassionate toward others. The Begin Now for Kids Coordinator must be available Tuesday evenings, June 8-August 10, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Begin Now For Kids Coordinator
Provides general oversight and leadership to Love INC’s Transformation Ministry Begin Now for Kids program and program volunteers.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and teaches recreational activities in the gym to groups of children ages 3-11.
- Provides leadership, guidance, counsel, and direction to volunteers; obtains approval for staff support when needed.
- Motivates volunteers and children to active involvement in programs and activities.
- Oversees conduct and behavior; corrects disciplinary problems in an understanding, positive, and non-physical manner; teaches conflict resolution through the development and use of verbal skills.
- Ensures compliance with the Begin Now for Kids Guidelines.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agreement with the Apostles’ Creed
- Knowledge of the methods, techniques, and skills used in planning, organizing, scheduling, and teaching one or more of the recreational activities assigned.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to program participants, volunteers, parents, and others.
- Ability to apply creativity, imagination, spontaneity, humor, perseverance, and a variety of motivational techniques to make activities successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work productively with participants, parents, volunteers, and others in a positive, pleasant, professional, and productive manner.
Full job description
To apply, send a resume to
. Applications will be accepted through May 21st.